In the New Testament, everything positive that God is, has done, and is doing, is found in Christ Jesus. On the other hand, many things recorded in the Bible are not of God. These things are not in Christ Jesus and will not be in New Jerusalem.
The primary things that are not in Christ Jesus and will not be in New Jerusalem:
• the devil, the deceiver will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).
• sin, of which the devil is the source (1 John 3:8).
• sins (plural), the acts emanating from the sin (singular) nature.
• death, which entered through sin (Romans 5:12), will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14).
• the world, including its lust, which is already passing away (1 John 2:16-17).
• our old man, crucified and buried with Christ (Romans 6:4, 6)
• our self, which we, the Lord’s followers, should deny daily (Luke 9:23).
All of these negatives were judged by the Lord on the cross. Now they are gradually being eliminated in our Christian living by the living and operative word (Hebrews 4:12) in us. All of these negatives will be totally removed before the new heaven and new earth appear, and these negatives will never touch New Jerusalem.
The more we cooperate with the living and operative word, the quicker all of these negatives will be removed from our practical living. We cooperate by exercising our spirit to come to the throne of grace to receive mercy and find grace (Hebrews 4:16). Thank God that we are objects of His mercy and that His grace energizes us to hold fast (hold firmly, hold continually) what the Lord has given us (Hebrews 3:14, Revelation 3:11). Let us hold fast now and unto New Jerusalem.